Let your hair down and scream "Woo Hoo!" as you ride nature's roller coaster, dune bashing across the big red soft sandy hills of the desert in a 4x4 Land Cruiser. Dune bashing is a form of off-roading, using a 4x4 vehicle to explore all the dips and slopes of sand dunes, giving you a thrilling excursion, so buckle-up and brace yourself for a very different ride, one that promises to banish the snooze-worthy blahs of your work week.
From 4x4's to ships of the desert - discover how it feels to ride the camel, often known as the "ship of the desert" for its ability to transport people and goods across long distances. Get up close and personal with the remarkable creature that is such an important part of the Arabian culture. With camels usually towering over 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall, it promises to be an unforgettable ride.
As guests catch a picture-perfect sunset surrounded by rolling red hills, a traditional Arabian campsite awaits you for more activities to savor. Opportunities to ride a camel, smoke aromatic Shisha (water pipe) Grab the opportunity to dress up in Emirati and - that would definitely be one for Facebook and the photo albums or have a traditional henna painting done are all part of the experience. As for the grand culmination, a 3-course Arabic feast is to be enjoyed. A Belly Dancer will then perform, having the moonlit sky and an Arabian folk music as background completing the mood.
- Dune Bashing / Desert Drive will be done in the big red dunes (Lahbab Area)
- The Desert Camp is located in Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve Area
Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve Area
Just outside the city lies a pristine slice of well-preserved desert where wildlife is protected from the modern. That's what makes Lahbab, the region's only eco-tourist resort, such a precious gem. It was opened with the mission statement that "The United Arab Emirates" rich natural heritage must be protected and preserved and conservation must be made a priority to ensure the preservation of the country's natural flora and fauna. To this end, a perimeter fence was thrown up around 225 of desert, ringing in and protecting the natural wildlife and shutting out the litter-buggers and building companies. Bordered only by Fossil Rock, Jebel Rawdah and a handful of camel farms, this isolated spot is the single largest conservation area in the country.
Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Having good quality sunglasses, sunscreen and hat are advisable when in direct sunlight.
The trip involves off-road, desert driving in Dubai desert. Our professional drivers are desert driving trained. Safari vehicles are insured, all fitted with A/C, seat belts, roll bars and first-aid box. We are licensed to carry 6 passengers, excluding the driver. Guests must wear seat belts during the tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop off in a shared vehicle (Land Cruiser)
- Dune Drive in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Falcon viewing
- Short camel ride
- Quad bikingnot included)
- Henna hand painting
- Arabic-style buffet dinner
- Soft drinks
- Unlimited Beer and wine (except on the eve of religious holidays) (not included)
- Belly dance, Tanoora dance, and Fire show (except during Ramadan when belly dancing will be replaced with a Tanoura dance performance)
- Souvenir photos can be purchased
- Any items not mentioned
- Dubai, Sharjah or Ajman hotel
- Other Emirates only on Private Bases
- Pick-up Time: 3.00 - 3.30 pm (exact pick-up time will be advised on the day of
Drop-off Time: 9.30 - 10.00 pm
- Approximately 10pm depending on traffic and your hotel location.
- Infants: 3 years and below are free of charge